Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The baseball gear has finally landed in my house!  I have never seen so many awesome and hats and jerseys.  Thank you for the donated hockey caps as well.  I always talk about my favorite sport and now I can show them some teams.  I was grateful to finally open up the first package and see the gear for myself.  I am organizing it as we speak for the 5 high schools(again Kaele, Boyboyo, Lara, Minjivin, and Guidiguis).  I decided to take a break and write this blog because it is the middle of the day and no one wants to be out in that sun.

As for the schedule for the future.  I will be organizing and calling my professors this week to set up for next week.  Right now we have a tentative plan of each day.  Each day I will arrive at a different village during the afternoon and I will be handing over the equipment to the sports professors which they will keep in their office during non-school hours.  We will also try out the equipment for the first time with the students.

Schedule:

Monday - Boyboyo (You may have seen pictures from my facebook of the crocodile lake nearby)
Tuesday - Guidiguis (A new volunteer was just posted there)
Wednesday - Kaele (My town, you can't ask for a better one except maybe Edina or Iowa City)
Thursday - Lara (My training mate, Rachel, lives here and she lives at the bottom of a beautiful mountain)
Friday - Minjivin (My favorite bike ride because of the rural towns you see)

I will always be adding more pictures, and I think we can expect some next week.  I do apologize for the lack of pictures weekly.  Technical difficulties for my technology has included losing a computer, kindle, and camera to the life of traveling, working and rain here in Cameroon.  Three volunteers are sharing one camera at the moment and another one is doing a great Worlds Aids day project this Saturday.  Check for local promotions and testing sites for your Worlds Aids Day options!

Seko Poli (Thank you very much in Mundang)

No comments:

Post a Comment