Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We have had a great 2 weeks here in Kaele, perfect Baseball weather and I haven't seen a drop of rain in over a month.  Our fields will be a little sandy, but maybe next year we can work on my sand trap game.  I have been to Guidiguis and Kaele(where I live) during these past 2 weeks and it has been a lot of fun.  Kickball has been easily the best way to teach the rules of the sport.  It has been great to see what I assume the students already know and what they actually know.  A few students have watched baseball games, but the basic idea of running or where to throw the ball has been a great teaching moment for me.

In other news, I met with the the Delegate of Development of Young People and Sports today.  We should be hosting sometime next January a seminar for the Sports Teachers in and around Kaele how to teach baseball to their students.  He stated it was a good opportunity to show a different sport, but also learn different ways teach.  We have a tentative date of Friday, January 11th, 2013, but as you all know things are subject to change here.

I hope to be working with him also for a baseball camp next year during the spring break.  I will be looking for students who have the passion of baseball, not just the best.

For some even more great news, my contact at the post office said the first stage of materials will arrive in Maroua on Wednesday(tomorrow).  I will going into Maroua Thursday after my business class to retrieve the equipment and finally play some ball.

Thank you for all the patience and support.  With the equipment finally here, expect some more great pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment