Monday, October 1, 2012

The Business Plan

My name is Jack Kluesner and I am a Peace Corps Volunteer in Kaele, Cameroon.  Cameroon is located near the Chad border in the Far North region.  I have been working with small-businesses and farming groups during my first year, and am working with schools my second year.  I will be creating a baseball club at the Bilingual High School in Kaele and am hoping to expand it to neighboring High Schools including Lara, Boyboyo, Guidguis, and Minjivin.  Below is my business plan to accomplish this mission.

Diamonds for Cameroon

Mission: Create Baseball/Softball Clubs at local schools in the Far North region of Cameroon during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Goals:
1. Create 5 baseball/softball clubs in the Mayo-Kani department of Cameroon by the end of the 2012-2013 academic year
2. Play a minimum of 2 games (1 boys/1 girls) between opposing high schools by the end of the 2012-2013 academic year
3. Increase mathematical fluency through homework exercises using baseball/softball as a guide
4. Train players at the Kaele Bilingual High School Baseball/Softball Club to train other students in the rules of the sport
5. Have the players of the Kaele Bilingual High School Baseball/Softball Club teach the rules of baseball to 5 small villages in the Mayo-Kani department of Cameroon

I am asking for your assistance with equipment to help me obtain my goals.

Needs:
1. 100 baseball gloves (90 Right Handed/10 Left Handed)
2. 10 baseball bats (30’’-32’’)
3. 5 helmets
4. 5 full catchers gear equipment
5. 100 pairs of baseball pants
6. 50 Baseballs
All donated equipment can be USED, please wash the pants before donating.
Process:
I along with other Peace Corps volunteers will be teaching the theory of baseball at High Schools once a week until enough equipment arrives to start practicing.  After the equipment arrives we will be scrimmaging and beginning setting up games.
I will be having volunteers help with teaching the theory as well as practicing, especially female volunteers who know how to pitch underhand.
I will be updating the status of clubs with photos on a blog.
DONATIONS CAN BE DROPPED OFF AT
3932 NATCHEZ AVE S
ST. LOUIS PARK, MN 55416
There will be a box on the front porch.
I will update through the blog what the current needs are each week i.e. gloves, bats, etc.
Sincerely,
Jack Kluesner



Baseball Field in Kaele


More pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment