Friday, October 26, 2012

Boyboyo Week

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well because we are doing great over here.  Festival of Ram(maybe sheep) for the Muslim community today so I should eat pretty well.

As for Diamonds For Cameroon, we are also doing great.  I had 3 days in Boyboyo which is about a 30 minute bike ride from house.  I taught a few objectives in the classroom and then we got out into the field.

At first we figured out where all the positions should be and how big the field actually is.  After I have a stick and a 4 baseballs wrapped in ductape which works well for some home run derby.  On my last day there we played a little kickball where everyone could learn a lot more of the rules.  The older students were great and picked up on it right away, and since the younger class is a lot bigger I think it will take more time.

Next week I will be in Lara for 3 days where my postmate and trainingmate Rachel teaches English, so she got me the in with the administration.

I think I will be introducing kickball a lot earlier at least to the older kids because they grasp it pretty easily even though we had one student run straight from the batters box to 2nd base.

Also big news from the states.  Our first shipment of equipment is on its way!  I can't thank everyone enough for their support with donations of every kind in this project.

To the people in Minnesota, hope you can get your snow blowers tuned up in time!

Nous sommes ensemble,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment